While most homeowners see the value in upgrading their outdoor spaces, there are many reasons why one may not want to jump into a project with a professional landscaping company. Perhaps a large-scale renovation isn’t in your budget and you’d prefer to tackle the project in stages, or perhaps you’re already experienced in landscape installations and simply need some design guidance.
Salisbury Landscaping now offers hourly landscape consultations for DIY landscapers. Here’s what you need to know about this exciting new service, and how to get your project started!
Is DIY Landscape Consulting for You?
Our new consulting service allows folks who prefer DIY landscaping to access the professional skills of a Salisbury designer. These consultations are the perfect outlet if you’re looking for:
- A fresh set of eyes: Often, when we’ve spent a great deal of time in a certain place, we get a sense that something isn’t working but can’t exactly see what it is. Using photos of your existing landscape, our designers can help you think differently about how your yard could be used.
- Design advice: You know you want to add a water feature, but where exactly? And will the flowering shrub you’ve been eyeing survive in that shady spot? Our landscape designers can answer your questions with frank, specific answers and helpful recommendations.
- Creative guidance: If you’ve got a Pinterest board filled with modern landscape design inspiration, but you can’t seem to figure out how it could work for you, we can help you re-imagine your space with a whole new style.
- Access to the right materials: Once we’ve arrived at a design that brings your vision to life, our team can take you another step further by helping source and order all the tools and materials you need to make it happen.
While consultation can be highly valuable for those prepared to take on the work of a DIY landscaping project, it’s important to distinguish between consultation and training. Some things that are out of scope for these consults include:
- Skill building: Our designers cannot use this time to teach you any installation techniques.
- Legal consulting: While we may be able to point you in the right direction in terms of learning about municipal bylaws, final grade, and applying for permits, Salisbury designers cannot provide legal recommendations or help you file any legal paperwork.
Guaranteeing success: So many of the decisions we make on-site as landscapers come down to the specifics of your property and our own professional experience. Our designers can provide advice and recommendations, but with all DIY landscaping projects, we cannot offer assurance that your outcomes will be exactly as expected.
What to Expect from Your Consultation
DIY landscaping consults start at 1 hour, and most of our customers find that time is plenty to get them started. If you believe you’ll need more time, get in touch with us to discuss extending your appointment. All consultations can take place at a Salisbury Greenhouse location or via Zoom.
We start by getting to know you and listening to your vision. You’re encouraged to bring photos of your yard, inspiration found online, and any other materials that can help you communicate your goals for the project. We’ll offer ideas, answer your questions, and help you put together a list of items you’ll need to see your DIY landscaping project to completion.
Finally, with your list of items at the ready, we can help you order everything you need—from pavers to plant material. We’ll ensure you have the products you need, when you need them, so you can bring your design to life.
Booking Your DIY Landscaping Consult
You can book your DIY landscaping consult online! We look forward to meeting you and being a part of your next outdoor renovation.