Laurier Park Customer Vision
- Customer was looking for a very bold feel. Structured & clean
- Customer wanted ample space for entertaining
- Wanted space for the hot tub & trampoline
- Create a flat area for sports, both for the kids and the family
- Create a raised wall to border the sports court
- Ease of maintenance. And tidy up the existing landscape
- Feeling of a garden that echoed the linear architecture of the home
- Block out certain views.
- Match the style of the back landscaping (which was new), with the existing front landscape.
- The existing grading had to be dramatically changed to incorporate the sports court
- There were huge mature poplars that had to be removed. These trees spread their roots throughout the yard (roots & trees had to be removed)
- Coordinating with the concrete contractor, who had to pour the wall at the start of the project, which created access challenges for landscaping.
- The design was started by using a series of recti-linear blocks to create a structure & considered flow to allow access into each of the areas.
- The design used certain desire lines (connecting access points, like doors, steps, etc)
- The planting plan was left to the end, to see how best to utilize to react to the structure of the design.
- Thought was give to seasonal color and flowers to ensure there was always something interesting going on.
Let us help
Create a healthy, safe environment for your family to enjoy for years to come.